A Gun in Your Face… What Should You Do?
February 9th, 2009
What would you do if someone put a gun in your face and demanded you turn over your gun, your wallet, or your wife?
Would you do like the “experts” tell you, and comply with demands of your tormentor in the hope that he does not hurt or kill you?
Well let me “show and tell” you a few things about a situation like this and then decide which “expert” advice you want to follow…
- If you even allow someone with a gun to get so close that they can put it in your face, then you need to adopt the Color Code of Mental Awareness that we teach in our courses at Front Sight and that I share with you in my free gun training reports, so you can learn to see the problem coming before it is on top of you, and so you can mentally ramp up to handle the situation before there is a gun in your face.
- If you have a gun in your face, there is good news. The first bit of good news is that your attacker does not want to kill you at that moment or he would have already pulled the trigger. This gives you the opportunity to turn the tables on him, if you have the testicular fortitude (and training) to do so.
- If your adversary puts a gun in your face, the second bit of good news is that you know he is a real amateur because anyone with any training at all knows that you keep your distance with a gun. Distance is your friend. You NEVER allow your gun to come in close contact with your opponent unless you have no other choice and then you bring the gun in close to your body to protect it.
- However, if some dirt bag is stupid enough to put a gun in your face, remain calm and smile because you are now in control, if you choose to be.
- If you are looking down the barrel of a gun, up close and personal, remember this:
ACTION BEATS REACTION EVERY TIME.
So what do you do?
Watch this real life video example of EXACTLY what to do when someone puts a gun in your face.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
- Notice there was no hesitation on the part of the officer to deflect the gun and end the fight.
- Notice how cool and in control he remained throughout the entire event.
- Notice how he acted decisively, aggressively and with no regard for his opponents’ well being.
- Notice how when he began moving through the store and out to the street he moved quickly but tactically.
- Notice how he took the fight to his opponents and turned the table on them…
You are witnessing the Combat Mindset in exemplary form, just as we teach it at Front Sight.
The Shreveport, Louisiana Police Department should be very proud of their Sgt. Guy Smith.
If you want to gain firearm skills that exceed law enforcement and military standards without having to endure any boot camp mentality or drill instructor attitude, then bring yourself and your entire family to Front Sight.
And if you don’t have a 30 State Concealed Weapon Permit, the world class training Front Sight provides or a Springfield Armory XD Pistol, then take advantage of Front Sight’s Greatest Course, Gun and CCW Permit Offer Ever.
I will be posting a different article on this blog each Monday so I look forward to your visit every week.
If you have an interesting photo, story or tip about a relevant topic of interest to gun ownership, firearms training or Second Amendment issues, please feel free to send it to me at:
Again, if you want to take advantage of the Greatest Course, Gun, and CCW Permit Offer in the firearms training industry see this link:
See you next week.
Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute