Front Sight’s Monday Blog: Should I Hire THIS Instructor?

October 4th, 2010

I received a series of live demonstration videos from an instructor interested in working for Front Sight. To be quite candid, I have never seen anything like this in all my years of firearms training.

Make no mistake, the instructor who sent me his demo videos can shoot fast and accurately.

He also has nerves of steel and the combat mindset.

Would I want him on my side in a gunfight? Absolutely.

Should I hire him?

I’m going to let you decide…

I’m serious. You tell me, if you would want him as your instructor.

I have set up a one question, "Should Front Sight Hire THIS Instructor?" Comment Box to allow you to comment on the videos.

So please add your comments below, and then forward this blog to everyone on your list, encouraging them to do the same.

Let’s see what the entire firearms training community as a whole and YOU specifically have to say about these four, demo videos.

Again, I have never seen anything like what you are about to witness in these videos. I think you will find them to be extremely interesting, to say the least…

Watch each video and understand that what you are watching DID NOT happen at Front Sight, nor will it ever happen at Front Sight.

Also, DO NOT attempt to do this at home. It could get you killed.

These demo videos were sent to me by an individual looking to become part of Front Sight’s staff who states he routinely trains “special operations personnel” in a South American country. Could a Front Sight Combat Master or Range Master make these shots? Yes, they could, but would only attempt such a shot in a true, life-and-death situation.

Watch all four videos below and then complete the "Should Front Sight Hire THIS Instructor?" Comment Box below to let me know what you think. I will share the results with you in a future blog.

Get the Flash Player to see this video.

Get the Flash Player to see this video.

Get the Flash Player to see this video.

Get the Flash Player to see this video.

“Should Front Sight Hire THIS Instructor?” Comment Box
(Click to go to Comment Box.)

Please forward this blog to everyone on your lists and place on chat rooms so we can find out what the entire firearms community can participate in the Should Front Sight Hire This Instructor Poll.

Thanks again. I will share the results with you in a future Front Sight Blog report.

And if you have not yet taken advantage of my greatest offer here it is for you: A 30 State Concealed Weapons Permit, the world class training that Front Sight provides, and a Springfield Armory XD Pistol awaits you.

We stand ready, willing, and able to arm and train you at https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

I post a different article on this blog each Monday so I look forward to your visit every week.

If you have an interesting photo, story or tip about a relevant topic of interest to gun ownership, firearms training or Second Amendment issues, please feel free to send it to me at: info@frontsight.com

Again, If you want to take advantage of the Greatest Course, Gun, and CCW Permit Offer in the firearms training industry see this link: https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
P.O. Box 2619
Aptos, CA 95001
info@frontsight.com
1.800.987.7719

Entry Filed under: Dr. Ignatius Piazza,Front Sight,Gun Training,Handgun Training,Monday Blog Posts,Newsletter,Rifle Training,second amendment,Self Defense.

Should Front Sight Hire THIS Instructor?

Comments are now closed.

See Ignatius Piazza's Comments on this Firearms Training Instructor.

2,646 Responses to “Front Sight’s Monday Blog: Should I Hire THIS Instructor?”

1. frontsight says on December 7, 2010 at 3:10 pm:

Actually, we’re not erasing comments, but we have trouble actually making sure that there’s no spam or abuse in the thousands of responses… we’ve been handling about an hour’s worth a week! It’s a lot of comments.

2. Carlos says on October 8, 2010 at 6:15 pm:

Absolutely,NO!!!! It’s obvious the guy’s an above average marksman, trained by who knows what third world military or band of mercs., but they skipped the lessons on the basic rules of weapons safety & handling. To much showboating to even think about stepping foot inside Front Sight property. Don’t want him as my instructor.

3. Paul says on October 8, 2010 at 5:52 pm:

4. carl says on October 8, 2010 at 5:43 pm:

To careless with GUNS pointing in all direction. Don’t hire a show off might get someone killed.

5. Steve says on October 8, 2010 at 5:42 pm:

No. His ego has no place at Front Sight. In the automatic weapon video, I lost track of how many times he let his muzzle cover the man between the targets. These demonstrations show a complete lack of personal responsibility, and such a person has no place at Front Sight.

6. Jay says on October 8, 2010 at 5:29 pm:

The man can shoot, and shoot well under pressure. Can he work within a controlled environment? Who knows? I wish he were my next door neighbor though. I would love to have him near me when the Chinese stop buying our debt and the riots break out because the millions of people with a government teet in their mouth can’t get any free milk any more.

7. Tom says on October 8, 2010 at 5:14 pm:

Do NOT hire this guy as an instructor!!! At least in this country, cardboard cutouts works better for us during training than a live hostage. If you have a job for a mercenary?. say you want to conduct a rescue in a 3rd world country, wipe out an entire drug cartel or take out a small village in Mexico or Central America, this might be your guy.

Also, don?t hire his assistant! While some think he has ?balls of steel? that just is not the case?..he has obviously had a complete brain removal and joined the Democrat party ? he?s so calm because Obama-care and instant citizenship are almost his!

And don’t sell either of them any ammo!

8. Brian Carlton says on October 8, 2010 at 4:58 pm:

NO! Its uncomfortable just watching him, on video. Live performance would be to much.

9. Ken says on October 8, 2010 at 4:33 pm:

Bad habits are hard to drop. Don’t waste the time trying to retrain him; that’s what you would have to do.

10. mike says on October 8, 2010 at 4:14 pm:

absolutely no way. you never point a loaded firearm at anything you don’t want to kill or destroy. this guy is an idiot and should not even be allowed to carry a gun let alone own one.

11. John says on October 8, 2010 at 4:11 pm:

Lets see, how many times did he ‘cover’ the guy in front of him? I lost count.

12. Douglas says on October 8, 2010 at 4:05 pm:

He’s a good shot . His assistant is a; fearless b; paid very , very well c; his family is being held hostage by the shooter .
    Would not reccomend hiring him as he does not follow proper safety rules.

13. David says on October 8, 2010 at 4:04 pm:

I have never seen anything so stupid. The term cannon foder comes to mind. I am a 30+ year veteran Police Officer and have done several hostage rescues when performing Tac (SWAT). I have made several shots where there was a hostage present,however that was life or death. I noticed they were speaking spanish and wonder if they are good guys or bad guys. Seems like bad guy training to me.

14. Albert says on October 8, 2010 at 4:03 pm:

as it stand the guy is putting on a shooting show ,if you judge him on his shooting skills he is good as far as instructing lets see a video of some of the people he has teached and then I will tell you if he is a good instructor

and next time dont erase my comments

15. robert wilson says on October 8, 2010 at 2:40 pm:

absolutely no.

Unsound and unsafe.

16. Mark says on October 8, 2010 at 2:15 pm:

Is this drug cartel training camp? Both of these guys are nuts.

17. Steve says on October 8, 2010 at 2:06 pm:

NO! I guess thats proves it life is cheaper that cardboard in some places of the world.

18. brian says on October 8, 2010 at 2:03 pm:

NO WAY, I haven’t seen gun handling that bad for a long time. He may be a good shot but the way he waved the guns around was just an accident just waiting to happen I used to teach Hunters Safety here in New Hampshire and none of the pupils ever handled any guns that irresponsibly

19. Michael says on October 8, 2010 at 1:59 pm:

Not only No but Hell No…..What is he trying to prove? Only that he can shoot? Hire the guy standing in front of this reckless and probably dangerous “instructor”

20. Trent says on October 8, 2010 at 1:58 pm:

No. An actual life saving event might warrant this type of shooting, but training in this way is an unnecessary risk to life!

21. Dan says on October 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm:

NO WAY ! I prefer english speaking trainers.

22. Duane says on October 8, 2010 at 1:16 pm:

23. Rick says on October 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm:

24. Gary says on October 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm:

In word, NO. I looked through the other comments before writing my own, I would never hire this guy for a job at Front Sight. At least one of the other commenters indicated that he might be a good trainer for a hostage rescue situation, but, like others said, this guy is too reckless to be an instructor for anyone who wants to be trained in the “safe” operation of projectile weapons. Let him train people where ever it is he is at, maybe he will never come to the USA and we will all be safer for that.

25. Calvin says on October 8, 2010 at 12:22 pm:

I don’t know which one needs the most help the instructor or the one standing between the targets.

26. Matthew says on October 8, 2010 at 12:13 pm:

Absolutley NOT…

27. Jim says on October 8, 2010 at 12:13 pm:

I’m not sure if the guy behind the gun or in front of the gun is more stupid.
    Jim

28. Tony says on October 8, 2010 at 12:12 pm:

No No No, Not safe!

29. Ken says on October 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm:

As A Retired U.S.A.F.CombatsArms Insturctor,I have never seen somrthing like this. I would NEVER place a live subjcte ithat kind of postion. No matter how skilled or trained a marksmanship.His skill level is very high but his choose of how to saw it was out of line with the basic rules of gun handleing and saftey.

30. John says on October 8, 2010 at 11:30 am:

Hell No!!!

31. Derius says on October 8, 2010 at 11:23 am:

This was so grossly negligent and against the 4 Rules, not to mention common sense and all aspects of firearm safety……

I don’t even know what else to say. If you hire someone like that, you tie your credibility to him forever….

32. Brian says on October 8, 2010 at 11:02 am:

Nope. Confidence is a wonderful asset in a gunfight; foolishness and poor judgement are not. This guy apparently is unaware of the reality of weapon/ammo malfunctions or of human reactions to an unexpected sneeze or bee sting.
    A quick “potential cost” (a dead guy) vs. “potential benefit” (feeding one’s ego) analysis that we all use every day to make tactical decisions could not possibly have justified this stunt.
    As a Floridian, I’m embarassed to see the “willing bystander” wearing a Gators tee shirt…

33. Daniel says on October 8, 2010 at 11:02 am:

This guy violates every safety rule in the book. He doesn’t watch where is muzzle is pointing, he is not sure of what is behind his target and he is more interested in hot dogging than in getting the job done.

34. Ramses says on October 8, 2010 at 10:42 am:

NOOOO!! For training purpose, I don’t think they know the world liability. Also, is not practical as in a real situation the perpetrator won’t be a paper target but a moving, nervous and unstable one. You could easily kill both. The comments of the background voices confirm what I have just said. I don’t see it as a wise move for training. Should one do this on a real situation? “vis a vis”

35. Brian says on October 8, 2010 at 10:19 am:

OK, Now I think we all want to know…
    Did this guy really submit this to Front Sight or was this an “idiot video” that staff found as a training aid on what not to do?
    I think it is strange that anybody would even think Front Site would even consider this type of instructor. Lighten up everybody!

36. Ralph says on October 8, 2010 at 10:02 am:

I think this guy would end up being a liability more than anything.Unless there is a need for a columbian translater.

37. Brian says on October 8, 2010 at 10:01 am:

Looks like the outside wall of a South American prison. Wonder if the poor guy got extra food for standing there?

Front Sight Logo'd MerchandiseLogo'd Merchandise Includes Bonus Front Sight Course

We invite you to sign up for Front Sight Firearms Training Institute's and Dr. Ignatius Piazza's 15 Special Gun Training Reports (approximately one every other day):

First Name:

Primary Email:

Dr. Ignatius Piazza and Front Sight will never transfer or sell your email address.

Dr. Ignatius Piazza has personally written all of these Gun Training Reports that will give you little known and rarely talked about secrets of the firearms training industry plus a wealth of tactical information about self defense, firearms training, gun training mindset, mental awareness, and more!

Pages