Keep your Young Ones Safe
July 18th, 2006
8 Tips to
Your Youngster’s Safety
by Front Sight Resorts
13% of violent felons in our prison system had raped or sexually assaulted children under the age of 13 years according to the Department of Justice report Child Victimizers: Violent Offenders and Their Victims released in 1996, the most recent study available documenting child offenders,. Three out of four of those children were female.
This study also shows that of the over 61,000 inmates serving time for violent crimes, 10% had been convicted of the murder or manslaughter of a child.
Those convicted of attacking children were 97% male. 70% of the child attackers were white. 64% were married or divorced.
Young children are unfortunately easy targets for sexually demented persons to prey upon. There are things you can do to reduce their possibility of becoming a victim. We have compiled Eight Key Points to Help Keep Your children Safe…
1. Show your kids how to handle phone calls when you are not home.
2. Teach your kids how to handle someone at the door when you are not home.
3. Ensure they understand how to approach the right adult for help.
4. Teach them when to kick, bite, scratch, scream and run for safety.
5. Explain to them that many crimes committed against children are by someone they know.
6. Assure your children that you will never send someone they don’t know to pick them up from anywhere.
7. Tell them to trust their instincts, and to not be polite if they sense danger.
And Tip Number 8 – give them the opportunity to role-play these scenarios over and over again, until they can do them instinctively.
Join the host of other parents taking advantage of the professional instruction that your child can receive at Front Sight Resorts to proof up his or her safety and empower them with skills that cannot be found anywhere else.
Ensure your children know how to spot a potentially dangerous situation, and what they should do to immediately get help. Find out about Front Sight Resorts Children and Youth Safety Courses, phone 800-987-7719, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their web site at www.frontsight.com.