Front Sight Blog: (video) Dem Lawmaker’s gun fires by “accident.”
February 19th, 2014
My New Year’s Resolution is to be as pro-active as possible in spreading the truth about the importance of our cherished Second Amendment, while exposing the liars, whores and thieves who conspire to strip us of our freedoms, and to continue to provide you and the rest of America with the absolute greatest opportunities to become armed and trained.
I firmly believe our future, and the future of our children and grandchildren, depends on it.
As part of my New Year’s Resolution, I will do my very best to deliver to you hard-hitting and entertaining blogs. You can help greatly, by doing two things for me…
- Send me great videos and articles you find, to share with our hundreds of thousands of Front Sight Subscribers.
- When I send you a Front Sight Blog, please forward it to all on your list and ask them to do the same. With hundreds of thousands of Front Sight subscribers and the vast power of the Internet, we can literally educate the world if we each do our part. I will dedicate my time and resources to this end. Please assist me in our mission to pro-actively and positively change the image of gun ownership in our lifetimes.
With that in mind, here is a video that once again demonstrates how our lawmakers are really in no position to make laws regarding the safe and responsible use of firearms when they cannot even unload a gun properly.
Watch this video and then see my comments below it…
1. Guns do not fire by “accident.” They only fire when you press the trigger on a loaded chamber.
2. This lawmaker did NOT follow the unloading procedure “as she was trained to do.” If she did, she needs a new trainer. The proper method of unloading a semi-automatic handgun is to FIRST chamber check the weapon to determine the status of the chamber. THEN remove the magazine, THEN pull the slide back to eject the round in the chamber. FINALLY, perform another chamber check and magazine well check to confirm the chamber and magazine well are EMPTY. Very simple. Very easy. Just follow the proper steps IN THEIR PROPER ORDER.
3. What this lawmaker did was she reversed the unloading procedure by first pulling the slide back to eject the round that was in the chamber and then she removed the magazine, thinking the gun was unloaded. In reality, when she pulled the slide back, she ejected the round that was in the chamber and as the slide was released it loaded the chamber with a round from the magazine that was still in the gun. After removing the magazine, she failed to do a chamber check to confirm the chamber was empty and instead pressed the trigger… BANG!
4. She is very lucky she did not shoot herself or anyone else.
5. Her statement, “I am a gun owner… it happens.” is not only ridiculous, it negatively portrays all gun owners as having her lack of training and lack of intelligence. Negligent discharges do not just “happen.” They are caused by lack of proper training, or failing to follow proper procedures after receiving proper training.
6. Her handgun is not defective.
7. Her handgun is not an “automatic.” It is a semi-automatic. There is a big difference between an automatic handgun and a semi-automatic handgun. If she is a lawmaker, who carries a gun, she should use the proper terminology.
8. She does not need a revolver.
9. She needs to follow the proper unloading procedure, in the proper order, EVERY TIME she unloads her weapon.
10. She could use Front Sight’s training. I often give free courses and free lifetime memberships to citizens who do remarkable things that either help us spread the truth about guns or expose the gun grabbers for what they really are… Liars, Whores and Thieves! In this situation, this lawmaker did all gun owners a disservice by totally screwing up a simple unloading procedure and then trying to blame the problem on the gun… making it look like guns are inherently unsafe or too complicated to use safely. So she does not deserve a free course or lifetime membership. Rewarding her for what she did would be a slap in the face to all the citizens we have rewarded in the past for their good deeds and great work.
11. The other aspect of this video that seems so disingenuous to me is that she cites her “Second Amendment Rights” as reason why she should still be able to carry a gun in the legislative building she occupies after having a negligent discharge, yet she belongs to the political party best known for their relentless efforts to disarm all responsible US citizens. Is she one of those rare, “pro-gun” Democrats who fights (and votes) for our rights or is she just another liar, whore and thief who thinks she is better than we are and as a lawmaker, it is her right to be armed, but she regularly votes to disarm you?
If any of our subscribers who are Kentucky residents can find lawmaker Combs’ voting record on gun issues and she is in fact regularly voting to protect and preserve our Second Amendment rights, then she is doing something of great value to ensure our freedom. Send me her voting record. I will contact her and provide her with the training she needs to be a safe, responsible, and expertly trained gun owner, just like all of our Front Sight students and members.
Please forward this e-mail, to everyone you know and encourage them to do the same. Spread the truth about WHY every responsible citizen needs to be armed and trained!
And be part of the solution for a stronger America! Take advantage of our 5 Day Defensive Handgun Course, 30 State Concealed Weapon Permit and our entire set of 7 training manuals (over $2700 in total value) for only $200. Get yourself and your family trained!
That’s right! Only $200. But you will need to act fast. Go here http://www.frontsight.com/patriot/ to grab a 5 Day Front Sight Course, plus 30 State Concealed Weapons Permit, and our entire set of 7 Front Sight Training Manuals for only $200. Just do it before the offer sells out!
And here is a great video we recently created so you can share it with your family and friends:
I highly recommend you view it in 720 (a selection you can make at the bottom of the video window)…so you can see all the awesome detail.