Front Sight Blog: Detroit Gun Owners Reducing Criminal Population
March 10th, 2014
My New Year’s Resolution is to be as pro-active as possible in spreading the truth about the importance of our cherished Second Amendment, while exposing the liars, whores and thieves who conspire to strip us of our freedoms, and to continue to provide you and the rest of America with the absolute greatest opportunities to become armed and trained.
I firmly believe our future, and the future of our children and grandchildren, depends on it.
As part of my New Year’s Resolution, I will do my very best to deliver to you hard-hitting and entertaining blogs. You can help greatly, by doing two things for me…
- Send me great videos and articles you find, to share with our hundreds of thousands of Front Sight Subscribers.
- When I send you a Front Sight Blog, please forward it to all on your list and ask them to do the same. With hundreds of thousands of Front Sight subscribers and the vast power of the Internet, we can literally educate the world if we each do our part. I will dedicate my time and resources to this end. Please assist me in our mission to pro-actively and positively change the image of gun ownership in our lifetimes.
With that in mind, here is another news article out of Detroit, showing how guns in the hands of responsible citizens dramatically reduces violent crime with every violent criminal shot and killed. Without a gun, these citizens would have surely become crime victims. With a gun, these citizens protected themselves and prevented others from becoming future crime victims by putting an end to a criminal’s life of crime.
Detroit man shoots at intruders, killing one in latest home invasion
George Hunter and Tony Briscoe – The Detroit News
Police work the scene of a home invasion on the 8200 block of Penrod on the city’s west side on Thursday. (Elizabeth Conley / The Detroit News)
Detroit — Another would-be burglar was fatally shot Thursday by a homeowner — at least the fifth such incident in recent weeks.
Thursday’s shooting happened at about 12:30 p.m. when two men allegedly broke into a home on the 8200 block of Penrod on the city’s west side, Detroit Police Third Deputy Chief Rodney Johnson said.
“The homeowner was able to retrieve his weapon, and fired hitting one of the burglars,” Johnson said. “He ran away and collapsed in the driveway. The other burglar was able to escape.”
The homeowner heard glass shatter near the rear of his home and found one intruder, believed to be 17 years old, attempting to enter through a window, Johnson said. The resident fired two shots hitting the victim in his chest. The juvenile intruder died.
His suspected accomplice, a man in his 20s, fled the scene and is still at-large.
This shooting is the fifth incident in the past two weeks, where a resident shot an alleged intruder, said Johnson.
“It’s a message to the criminals: stop coming into people’s homes unannounced and uninvited,” Johnson said.
About seven Detroit police officers were in front of the two-story house. One snapped photos while another canvassed the area for residents near the scene. A sergeant on the scene declined to comment.
Other recent incidents include:
- A woman in her 50s on Friday shot and killed a man trying to break into her home in the 22000 block of Grove Street. She heard noises at her rear window and shot the intruder in the chest.
- On Feb. 22, two home invaders were killed: At 2 a.m., two men broke into a house on the city’s southwest side; the homeowner shot both men. A 21-year-old man died and the other man escaped. Earlier at 12:30 a.m., a woman who was surprised by a gunman when she pulled her car into the garage was able to reach for her own gun and fatally shoot the man.
- In an incident that made national headlines, a woman on Feb. 17 opened fire on three teens who kicked in her door. The alleged intruders, ages 14, 14 and 15, were caught by police, and face home invasion charges.
Police Chief James Craig caused a national stir in January when he told The Detroit News he felt the city’s crime rate would go down if more people were armed because it would make criminals think twice about breaking into their homes or attacking them.
And be part of the solution for a stronger America! Take advantage of our 5 Day Defensive Handgun Course, 30 State Concealed Weapon Permit and our entire set of 7 training manuals (over $2700 in total value) for only $200. Get yourself and your family trained!
That’s right! Only $200. But you will need to act fast. Go here http://www.frontsight.com/patriot/ to grab a 5 Day Front Sight Course, plus 30 State Concealed Weapons Permit, and our entire set of 7 Front Sight Training Manuals for only $200. Just do it before the offer sells out!
And here is a great video we recently created so you can share it with your family and friends:
I highly recommend you view it in 720 (a selection you can make at the bottom of the video window)…so you can see all the awesome detail.