Front Sight Blog: (video) Entire armed family ends burglar’s career. Good lessons here…
April 12th, 2014
My New Year’s Resolution is to be as pro-active as possible in spreading the truth about the importance of our cherished Second Amendment, while exposing the liars, whores and thieves who conspire to strip us of our freedoms, and to continue to provide you and the rest of America with the absolute greatest opportunities to become armed and trained.
I firmly believe our future, and the future of our children and grandchildren, depends on it.
As part of my New Year’s Resolution, I will do my very best to deliver to you hard-hitting and entertaining blogs. You can help greatly, by doing two things for me…
- Send me great videos and articles you find, to share with our hundreds of thousands of Front Sight Subscribers.
- When I send you a Front Sight Blog, please forward it to all on your list and ask them to do the same. With hundreds of thousands of Front Sight subscribers and the vast power of the Internet, we can literally educate the world if we each do our part. I will dedicate my time and resources to this end. Please assist me in our mission to pro-actively and positively change the image of gun ownership in our lifetimes.
With that in mind, I have a news video to share with you that provides several good, real-life lessons. Watch the video and then see my comments that follow…
- This is the first report that I have ever seen in my 18 years of running Front Sight, where every family member armed themselves to defend against a burglar or home invader. Good for them! However, this only works in tight quarters if ALL family members have proper gun handling, marksmanship and tactical training. Without proper training of all family members, under the stress of the lethal encounter, there is a risk of family members getting hurt in a cross fire or with errant shot, or a negligent discharge of a weapon.
- I suspect this family had some training because of their immediate decision to arm themselves and their response to the threat.
- Notice the burglar was unarmed. Yes, the family members were armed and they shot and killed an unarmed man, yet were not charged and it does not appear they will be charged with a crime. Why is that? Because the intruder advanced against them after they told him to leave their home, they even fired a warning shot, but he still advanced. The law enforcement agents investigating the shooting recognized that only an extremely dedicated opponent, intent on doing bodily harm, would advance under those circumstances. Therefore the homeowners had a reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death and were justified to use lethal force in self-defense of themselves in their own home.
- We do not recommend firing a warning shot. It is not necessary. Warning shots are illegal in some jurisdictions and create a potential for liability should the projectile injure innocent bystanders or damage property. If you are in a situation where your opponent has the ability and opportunity to seriously injure or kill you, and he is showing the intent to do so, then you are justified in presenting a weapon to defend yourself. Simply presenting the weapon and commanding your attacker to stop or you will shoot is sufficient warning. If your attacker continues to advance he is confirming his intent to seriously injure or kill you. No warning shot needed. Shoot to stop the attack.
- What causes an opponent to advance against three guns like this?
- He really needs and wants what you have and is willing to risk his life to get it.
- He is under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both.
- He is crazy.
Whether A, B, C or a combination of any or all of the reasons, you don’t want him getting any closer. If you are in a situation where your opponent has the ability and opportunity to seriously injure or kill you, and he is showing the intent to do so, then you are justified in presenting a weapon and commanding you attacker to stop. If your attacker continues to advance he is confirming his intent to seriously injure or kill you. Shoot to stop the attack.
Please forward this blog, to everyone you know and encourage them to do the same. Spread the truth about guns in the hands of responsible families and share the real-life lessons of this self-defense shooting for other gun owners to learn from as well.
And be part of the solution for a safer and stronger America! Take advantage of our 5 Day Defensive Handgun Course, 30 State Concealed Weapon Permit and our entire set of 7 training manuals (over $2700 in total value) for only $200. Get yourself and your family trained!
That’s right! Only $200. But you will need to act fast. Go here http://www.frontsight.com/patriot/ to grab a 5 Day Front Sight Course, plus 30 State Concealed Weapons Permit, and our entire set of 7 Front Sight Training Manuals for only $200. Just do it before the offer sells out!
And here is a great video we recently created so you can share it with your family and friends:
I highly recommend you view it in 720 (a selection you can make at the bottom of the video window)…so you can see all the awesome detail.